Thursday, March 11, 2010

We can seriously tumble.

So I've got to tell you, when we got our building one of the things I was SO excited about was offering tumbling classes. Its so difficult for us that many Level 5 athletes walk into their first practice with little to no tumbling experience. That makes for a long, frustrating time for some of them, as they push to get BHS and then push again to get tucks for level 6.

We're only a couple weeks into this tumbling schedule, and I will tell you right now...BEST THING EVER. Our athletes are getting SO much out of them. I was excited to hear that our intermediate classes are rocking...with a couple new springs even! Inspired by this, I taught BHS to my D2/3 beginner class last night. WHOA. We will seriously have about 1/3 of that class throwing them by themselves on the track by the end of the class. Mark my words. Our kids are on FIRE.

Other tumbling highlights from last night included Miss Miranda proving she's 100% back from her injury (so proud you didn't hesitate to throw that again!) Haileigh hitting her tumbling on the floor, Emma rocking standing backs, Micheala nailing standing backs on the track and Paige being SOCLOSE to her BHS.

Level 1...you're routine is looking so good. Glad you love your bows! Remember to keep practicing your roll this week. And those libs!

No comments:

Post a Comment